Thursday, January 10, 2013
1. Knitting again. I can't believe that I ever stopped...three separate times. I get really frustrated and then quit. It's hard to teach yourself a new skill, especially when you have no one to ask "am I doing this right?" I'm going to try to stick with it though. I need a quiet hobby for those times I'm not well enough to do anything more mobile.
2. Quinoa, spinach, and olive salad. There's also some red onion and roasted red peppers in there. A little lemon juice, some fresh parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Very simple and easy to throw together, and goes along wonderfully with this gluten-free diet I'm trying. I've been experimenting with it for about two weeks now and I must say, I definitely feel better overall. More energy, fewer skin issues. It's sometimes hard to find something quick to eat when I'm in a hurry, but really that's making me slow down a bit and take some more time out in the kitchen. And that's a good thing.
3. Bread making. Not for myself, obviously. But I still enjoy doing it.
4. Hayden's self-portrait. What a face.
5. My morning materials. I woke up early today, giving myself a little while to sip my coffee and read before getting the boy up for school. I try to do this every morning now, knitting while I watch the sun come up, listening to some soft music while I putter in the kitchen, reading my bible a bit. This is often my only "me" time, and it offers me a bout of quietude.
What are you doing at home lately?